JPA-MARA Scholarship Experience 2017

Hello and welcome to my blog (I really hope someday someone will find my blog to read the scholarship experience because I really love to help) 
After spm result, apply here and there hoping for scholarships to fall down from the sky or something. Admit it, we're on the same boat. and it is okay to hope. Jpamara was the first one to notify me that I managed to go for their interview session, alhamdulillah. 

The interview was held at UNITEN on 4th of April and I got the last session 2.15-4.15pm. We all have to wear dark-coloured long-sleeved t-shirt, dark-coloured tudung, track bottom and also sports shoes. Hah at first I was like "biar betul, what kind of interview would ask me to wear very informal clothes?" so I looked it up online, searching for experiences of previous jpamara interviews and yep, they all have to wear the same thing and the bloggers said it was for comfortable purposes so, I just go with the flow la. Luckily we don't have any physical training ke apa jadah merepek kan? ahahah syukur. 

To be very honest, it was very heart-wrecking and nervous because my friends semua got the morning sessions and the day before punya interview and I was alone so nak tak nak, I have to mix around. Oh then last minute baru I tahu that one of my friend also sama session but it turned out that we're in different groups. So again, by hook or by crook, you have to mix around. Lagipun, if you get the scholarship, you might find the same face again. You know what I did the night before? I search for keywords like "uniten, selasa, jpamara" on Twitter, mana lah tahu jumpa orang sembang pasal cuak interview sekali kan? Boleh tumpang sekaki hahaha. I found one, but too bad she got different session so bummer. On the walls, they had paste some sheets of papers that have your group number tau, so have to check la kan..which I didn't because I thought on the SAC letter tu they had stated the same thing. So I assumed I would be in group 3 hah, nasib I have the bad feeling yang I have to check, so masa the facilitator asked whether we had checked or not our group number, everyone said yes tau, matilah aku. Then masa group 3 called in, kebetulan lalu lah tempat yang ada tampal that list, so I saw my name and nope girl, I group 4. hah phew nasib check. So I just jumped in group 4 yang still sitting on the floor. syukur tak sesat kalau tak bad impression semua ada. 

Masuk the big room with the group, it wasn't the interview session yet, it was just the registration and we were all given a tag with number on it so easier for them to assess us, The big group, they split into two groups. Blablabla my group has to go for grouping interview/presentation first. Inside the room for the presentation session, ada another mini group. Firstly, we have to introduce ourselves (name, what course we were planning to pursue, biggest achievement in school) after the introduction and all, you'll realize how you and them are on the same level and fuh competition mashaAllah. But keep your chins high and be confident. Later on we have to discuss in our mini group about a topic they gave us. In English or Malay, but the title given was in English so preferably English lah. Since our panel mixed English and Malay, we also mix one lah hahaha but please don't do this ikut sukahati. If the panel seems fine, then go with it. But if they speak in fully English or fully Malay, please do so as well. So the presentation went quite well kot. Our topic was about Malaysia as an Education Hub. I think so. After finishing our presentation, we have to hear the other group's presentation then we can ask questions (maybe to help or to fire them) ahahaha but please la if you want to give question, give it to someone who you think didn't talk much and please give a simple question so they can answer (to help them gain marks) You will be given extra marks also, I suppose. Then, if the panel asked something, try your best to answer them especially if you think you messed up your presentation part or if your group were too quiet, be the hero of the group but don't overshadow everyone. Think, how you would feel if you were overshadowed. But then again, don't let yourself be like that. Ok, be active and friendly.

Then after that, we proceeded to the next interview session: individual (but in a group). Before entering the room, we had to wait outside for the mini group to finish with their interview. We had waited for like 30-45mins lah juga. Sleepy nak mampus. At this time around, you can use your phones but be sure to talk to each other so you wouln't feel as nervous as ever. Masuk in a group but each of you will be given a chance to answer the question given. My group was the last group of the day. Apparently, the panel were quite tired and wanted us to get over with so they didn't ask questions that much. They only asked few simple cliche questions which you get if you Googled. Be prepared for current issues. I did read all the latest news and all, but since the panel nak cepat, so they didn't ask us about the current issues. So that's basically it. My experience. 



My group; 💗
We did a great job. 
Just in case you wondered what happen after the interview; click here.
If you have any question regarding the interview or tips (this is for the future juniors la especially) drop in the comments or you can find my Twitter or Instagram; @dhirabatrisyia 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JPA-MARA - Result

KPMG Job Assessment & Interview 2021 Experience