Cat on a tree

20 October 2021

It was raining since yesterday and it was raining hard today. No sign of Onnyx since yesterday’s Maghrib. She’s gone while I was playing monopoly deal with Qiya and Khairin. We went for few rounds of search for this blind black not-so-kitten. Calling her name, shaking its favourite toy and splatting her food all over the road hoping she’ll find her way home in the dark. 

Woke up and immediately went for a search again around 7am today but still heard no meow nor its bell. God, I was worried as hell I can’t even focus on my work for the day. And to make it worse, I was tad hormonal and emotional today so I worked downstairs just to see if she’d come home and ease my way out the door to search for her in between my work. Another few rounds around the neighbourhood, still no sign. It started to rain heavily in the evening but I still went to search for her, worried that she’ll get wet.

Fast forward it was 9pm, I was folding clothes and by the time I finished the chore, it finally stopped raining. So I went to my lil sis’ room and asked “Patut tak cari Onnyx sekarang? Hujan dah berhenti. Jom cari.” to which she said “Jom”. So we went to her favourite hiding places and places that she was stuck in before lol. “Takleh ke duduk je kat tempat sama?” my sis asked ahahaha 

We were very close to giving up (well at least I was), until we met Deka, Khairin’s cat. He sniffed Onnyx’s caterpillar toy and meowed non-stop and loudly. Hoping he’ll find the way to our cat, but he was…not very helpful. We realized he only wants food hahaha but he keeps on following us though. Must be a sign she’s somewhere near or maybe he just wants food, only God knows hahaha

When we got near this one tree near Qiya’s house, we heard another cat’s meow. To which Deka meowed even louder snd we shushed him. At first we thought, nah, that can’t be Onnyx’s voice. Until my sis, looked up and saw her on a freaking tree! Dah la bawah tu ada longkang, kalau jatuh memang nauzubillahiminzalik. DudeC, I freaking cried when I saw her on the tree like, what am I supposed to do? Climb??? So we opt for calling the firefighter. Fast forward, Khairin and two boys on bicycles were there as we waited for 20 minutes for the firetruck to come by. And for the whole 20 mins, Onnyx was literally crying non-stop. Fyi, she’s blind and she’s scared of heights. At first she won’t budge from where she was but little but little she gathered courage and tried to go down sampailah tergantung kat ranting. Nasib baik dah kat bawah where my sis can reach out and catch her. We were worried as heck she might fall into the drain. That was by the time tue firetruck got there and sesat a bit. Lol so they came just to laugh and go because apparently Onnyx knows how to jump from a high place now eh? Sorry bomba….you were slightly late to rescue her.

She’s wet and shivering. When we got home, the first thing she did was poopoo and peed. Well so that’s that. What a night…

Alhamdulillah thank you Allah for protecting our fur friend for He is The Sustainer and The Protector. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JPA-MARA - Result

KPMG Job Assessment & Interview 2021 Experience