KPMG Job Assessment & Interview 2021 Experience

 Hi, welcome back to my blog. In this episode, I'm going to blog about my journey in applying for KPMG as a fresh graduate in hopes that I'll help someone in some way in their job hunting journey.

I applied for the IT Audit associate position, which I honestly have no clue about until I saw the job post on KPMG's website itself. I was just dropping by every job advertisement that I found and qualified for and sent the form & resume & etc. Each time I applied, of course I read through the job description but I rarely remembered what I read hhaha KPMG uses Pulsifi as their 3rd party for assessments. Usually, a job would ask you to do assessments only after they've looked through your job application (resume, cover letter and transcripts) but not KPMG. Right after you filled up the form, you were asked to complete 6 assessments (about 5-10 mins each). It tests your maths skills, detects your preferences, attitude, problem solving skills etc. I did this during my 14 days quarantine in IBIS hotel after I got back from New Zealand. Yea, no chill balik dari study terus apply kerja. Gelabah for no reason sis, biasalah. Also, I'm excited for work too tbh. [28 July] The wifi at the hotel were usually unstable but it was stable la when I was applying and did the first 4 assessments. After I've completed my fifth assessment, the Internet just decided to poof like magic then I failed to submit my assessment and had to contact Pulsifi to help me. Then they have to contact KPMG to ask for their permission to reset that fifth assessment. Gosh the hustle. [3 August] Okay la then they approved so I thought I can resit la for the test. Turns out I've tried like a good 5 time (more or less) filling up the form again to get an access to my Pulsifi account. I have no idea why I have to fill up the form again and again and it keeps on bringing me back to the first page where I have to fill up my personal details all over again. That's when I decided, you know what, let's give up (at least for now). I'm not going to waste my time here anymore, let's apply something else. 

2 weeks later...

[18 August] I got a call from the HR when I was at a mall, casually buying Saidina with my sister 😂 She said she was from KPMG so I thought, oh probably going to remind me to complete my assessment but I told her I was outside at the moment so she called me back half an hour later because I thought I'd be home by then. But guess what, I wasn't home yet. I was in the car on my way home but my sister was driving because I was expecting a call soon. I just answered la the second time she called because after all, she just want to ask me about the assessments, right? Hah! Wrong!  ahahahha it was a phone call interview. Asking me about my grades from spm, cgpa, curricular activities, what do I know about a job (remember when I said I don't remember what I read?) Double hah! In my face la, siapa suruh apply sukahati je tak tahu job scope. Luckily I can hentam a bit about why I know about auditing since I am surrounded by accounting friends. But obviously I sounded like I only have 1% idea about what it is. So she told me to look it up so I'd be prepared. he he... the phone interview was terrible (the HR was great, it was a me problem) because I wasn't ready at all!! I mean, to be fair, I thought my application didn't get through because of the incomplete assessments. Then, she told me she'll trigger the assessments again so I can try and do it as soon as possible. I've tried logging into Pulsifi and fill up the form again and suddenly miracle happened, I got in and I can see my assessments but it was already night so I just pushed it to tomorrow.

[19 August] I have the intention to complete the assessment that day but I was too lazy to mandi and get ready so I can be in the best condition. But then I got a reminder again in my email early in the morning (probably the HR triggered the reminder). Also, another email from the HR asking for documents. So okaylah, I went mandi and did the assessments right away when I got a call again from the HR while I was doing the assessment hahaha I ignored at first but she called again so I have to pick it up and tell her that I was doing it. The reason she called is because she wanted to arrange an interview for me the next week. Long story short, that was the day I sent my documents, finished my assessments, received another assessment (written) and got the interview arranged. Wah, the HR is really working hard eh. 

[20 August] Before I proceed to the interview, I have to complete a written assessment. God knows how scared I was because I have zero idea about what they're gonna ask me to write in 30 minutes. Luckily it was quite easy for someone who finds joy in writing something informal. There were 5 topics to choose from, and I chose the easiest topic: what kind of work that excites me to get up in the morning. So I write la about my dream workplace something along the lines of having really nice colleagues and encouraging environment. It was nothing la except for the fact that I can't share my screen because I didn't change my macbook privacy settings lol..... Lesson of the day: check la whatever you have to before any interview/assessments

[24 August] My very first interview day. 2 types of interview: group and individual. For the group interview, we were give 15 mins discussion, 10 mins presentation, 10 mins q&a - if I'm not mistaken la. It went quite well la except for the fact that I speak like a total idiot during q&a session (group interview) because I was gelabah about how to answer the question. The individual interview was fairly easy, mostly questions were about hardships, challenges, conflicts that I've been through while working in a team. I think I did quite well despite forgetting my memories... I was comfortable enough to let lose with the interviewer, maybe that's why I was confident. 

Thank you for reading this lengthy post, I'll add some tips later la when I rajin. ttyl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JPA-MARA - Result