how does it feel like staying at home for a month?

Well, it hasn't been a month yet. I believe it's about day 21 of lockdown in New Zealand. It is safe to say that I am one of the happiest people that is loving this lockdown. It is sad in a way that I can't see T or talk as much in person than usual but I would like to focus on the good things that I have been doing since pre-lockdown days. 

Baking and cooking
My housemates and I had done loads of baking and cooking throughout this period. We've made burnt cheesecakes, cookies, pandan cake, orange sponge cake, kek batik, cheesekut, roti canai, kuih tahi itik and more. We've been eating a lot and Alhamdulillah we have the money and opportunities to do so. 

Reading
Hello standard 5 Naddy, are you proud of me? I finally have the time and space to read more. Although I've just started but hey, she's reaching her 7-days streak today!! I've been reading for at least 10 mins a day since last week because If the oceans were ink by Carla Power was beautifully written and it got me absorbed into the book. I was a bit hesitant to purchase the e-book but Alhamdulillah, a wise decision.

Workout
Yes, you read that right. I've been working out since the day Jacinda announced that we're going into Alert 4 of lockdown. So, that's why I've been able to track what day is today. I've been working out religiously every day according to Blogilates' Beginner's Calendar. Alhamdulillah I can see improvement in my stress level, my mood, my body, and all the good feels. I'm so blessed.

Game
I am currently addicted to Homescapes, just like how I was once addicted to Candy Crush hahaha this is bad but it kills time. It kills too much time sometimes, up till the point my Homescapes screentime was around 5 hours! yikes!

Gaining knowledge
Alhamdulillah for the existence of AAPlus, Dopstv. I've been trying to improve myself every single day in terms of spiritually and mentally too by subscribing to AAPlus, AA Tuesday love letters, Fadhilah Wahid's 40 days newsletters, listening to Couple Talk by Dopstv and so much more. good stuff. There are so many things to learn from them. I am so grateful for their platforms I've been able to learn more about Islam.

That's basically what I've been doing for the past 3 weeks. Moving on to week 4, I am slowly going back to my studies that I've been happily neglecting hahaha Instead of finishing my Economics essay, I've decided to write this essay instead. 

What a time to be alive.  I am so grateful for the time I've been given to improve my state of mind, my health and my overall being. My thoughts and prayers go to the people who are struggling because of this lockdown. I know it's far from exciting situation, but just hang in there, we'll get through this. 

ps: look at the bright side! At least we have less air pollution right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JPA-MARA - Result

KPMG Job Assessment & Interview 2021 Experience